Friday, April 09, 2010

An interview to remember

I have attended quite a lot of nightly work related meetings/conferences in office. I have given some MBA admission interviews on phone (mostly night time). And I have given few MBA admission interviews by the day when I was all dressed up wearing a coat and a tie. When you combine all these, what do you get ? An MBA admission interview at night on Skype video chat. What does it mean ? It means I had to dress up in formals wearing a coat and a tie (its a different thing that I wore formal pants as well) sitting in front of my computer and giving an interview.

This was an important interview and I could not have taken the risk of not sitting in the full interview attire. So, I got all dressed up at 11:30 pm roaming in my house in all formals. A lot of people laughed when I told them that I will be sitting in front of my computer dressed up in formals at midnight. Well, even I laughed at myself. But, what needs to be done needs to be done. The internet worked fine (thanks to BSNL's uninterrupted service since the last few days) and there was no power cut (thanks to the government for not considering 12 am to 12:30 am time slot in their daily 5 to 6 hour power cut schedule.....frustrating it is, I know).

The interview went well and I answered almost all questions. I know I am yet to post questions of my previous interviews with Foster and Kenan-Flagler. But I will do it sometime this month. The questions for this interview will also come sometime soon. Well for now, this interview will be remembered for its awkwardness. I hope I also remember it for all the good reasons. If you know what I mean. MBA. Admit. McCombs.

PS: I would like to thank Hari (fellow MBA blogger) for his tips on a Skype interview.

2 comments:

Sourabh said...

did u wear shoes as well? :)

Saurabh said...

Yes. I know its embarrassing but I could not help it. Was not getting into the mood. But they were sports shoes. I just put them to get the feel...bathroom sleepers were diverting my attention...