Saturday, October 03, 2009

Long time...no write

Its been around 2 weeks since I last wrote a blog. Yes, I regret that. Not because I did not update people with my writing, but because I missed writing for my own. Writing is a very different beast especially essay writing. I realized this when one of my reviewers pointed out my long answers and told me to be more succinct.
When I looked at my answers, I immediately got the point. They were not as precise as I wanted them to be. In fact, they were too long and wordy. There are several essay themes. Well, the kind of personal essay themes are difficult to write especially for a technical person like me. I wish I had taken some creative writing classes.

Anyways, the last 2 weeks have been a roller coaster ride. From completing essays for 2 different schools to a freak laptop accident when a curtain rod fell over it to wading through waist high rain water on double road at midnight. Well, the laptop incident was the most depressing one. To lose a laptop at this juncture is the last you want. Well, the screen and the speaker are the most damaged components. 2 of the keys have also become dysfunctional. For now, I have made temporary arrangements by connecting an external round (not flat) 15 inch monitor and a USB keyboard. Once the essay season is over, I will look towards buying a new one.

No comments: