Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Phew....some more drafts

Since the last 4 or 5 days, I have been busy writing HEC essays. I planned to spend the whole weekend on them and finish at least the draft versions. But, when did life go along with the plans ? So as usual, I finished the first draft 3 days late i.e. just now. It was painful. This is the first time I am feeling this type after writing B school essays. I did not know that it was so tough to answer the unusual questions apart from the goals or the challenging assignment questions.

HEC Paris has some really unique questions. Take this:
Imagine a life entirely different from the one you live now. What would it be ?

It took me 3 weekdays to finish it. I thought of a thousand possibilities and then finally narrowed down to one.

Another one:
What figure do you admire most and why ?

Apart from the normal immediate goals, short term goals, long term goals essay and significant life achievement essay, they have this:
Leadership and ethics are inevitably intertwined in the business world. Describe a
situation in which you have dealt with these issues and how they have influenced you.


Although I have written this essay, but I am not satisfied with this one.

Another incredibly intriguing one is:
Which other MBA Programs are you applying to and why? (100 words)

Man, for some of these essays, its difficult to find out what to write.

I have now exactly a week left to submit them and I have to go through all my essays at least 3 more times. May be I will get some reviewed from my friends.

No comments: